Following on from the infection control news we uploaded last week, we are receiving regular updates from Public Health Wales regarding the coronavirus. Currently there are no confirmed cases in North Wales and Public Health Wales have asked that we direct parents and carers to the website https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/coronavirus for the latest details and information.
As with all education facilities across the UK, we will follow the advice from the Government and Public Health Wales. The current advice is to follow sensible hygiene and health practices such as Catch it, Bin it, Kill it. Could you please ensure that your child/ren follow the good practice we adhere to in school?
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and/or consuming food.
- Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly.
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items.
- Avoid visiting live bird and animal markets, backyard or commercial poultry farms and do not touch wild or domestic birds (alive or dead).
- Avoid any contact with animals, birds or surfaces that may be contaminated with animal or bird droppings.
If you are considering foreign travel please see the website https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice Local information is available from https://beta.wrexham.gov.uk/service/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information
We will keep you informed of the latest information through our usual text, email and/or school app channels.