Welsh Government place schools in colour-coded categories to help schools receive the best support and guidance to secure the best outcomes for pupils.
Barker’s Lane is proud to have been evaluated as a GREEN school again in January 2016. There are four categories:
- GREEN – Highly effective schools
- YELLOW – Effective schools
- AMBER – Schools in need of improvement
- RED – Schools in need of greatest improvement
Evaluations are based on:
- School performance data
- A self-evaluation by the school on its capacity to improve based on teaching, learning and leadership
- An assessment of the school’s self evaluation by external challenge advisers.
For more information about school categorisation, click on the links below:
More information about primary schools is available on ‘My Local School’, a WG website designed to open up access to school data for parents. Click on the link below: